Valley Water wants to help you increase access to drinking water in your community and help reduce plastic bottle waste. We are excited to announce the new Valley Water Refill Station Grants program has launched and we want you to apply!
This grant opportunity provides funding for purchasing, installing and maintaining water bottle refill stations to expand drinking water access. We are particularly interested in partnering with grantees and project locations that have been historically underserved and under-resourced or locations serving school-age children and students in Santa Clara County.
This year, we have a total of $100,000 in grant funding available and will be awarding $5,000 per water bottle refill station. Awarded applicants will receive 50% of the funds upfront and the remaining 50% upon completion of installation of the refill station and signage. Applications are now open and are accepted on a rolling basis until all available funds are disbursed during the fiscal year (July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023). To submit your application, visit us at valleywater.org/refillstation.
Who can apply?
- Public agencies, such as special districts, cities, towns and county agencies.
- Schools, community colleges or universities (public or nonprofit).
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.
- Nonprofits without 501(c)(3) exempt status but can demonstrate they are an affiliate of a nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that acts as a fiscal sponsor.
- Organized community group with an established structure that can identify an individual responsible for signing the agreement and meeting insurance requirements.
- Private entity, such as a private water district/agency; school, community college or university (private); or for-profit company.
Applicants that are not a public agency must demonstrate the bottle refill station will be installed in a location with public access.
Are you interested in learning more? Attend a workshop for information on eligibility, criteria and our new streamlined application process.
- Click here to register for Workshop 1: October 25, 2022 at 2:00 – 3:30 PM (PST)
- Click here to register for Workshop 2: December 1, 2022 at 6:00 – 7:30 PM (PST)
Visit valleywater.org/refillstation for more information about the program, applicant eligibility and application process.
Funding for the Valley Water Refill Station Grants Program is made possible through the Safe, Clean Water and Natural Flood Protection Program, which Santa Clara County voters approved in November 2020.
Together, we can make a difference for our community by expanding access to drinking water and reducing plastic waste.