California is no stranger to droughts. And while our historic dry spell might be over, the next one could be around the corner. Since ending the emergency drought declaration last year, Governor Jerry Brown urged Californians to remember their water-saving ways and continue making conservation a way of life.
Responsible for providing clean, safe water to Santa Clara County, the Santa Clara Valley Water District works hard to make sure our water supply meets future needs. And since every drop is precious, we invite residents to take the VOW to Value Our Water.
Perhaps you’ve heard ads on the radio, or have spotted them while browsing the web, encouraging residents to keep up good habits and learn about opportunities to sustain water-wise ways. Our conservation campaign kicked off in late April with a series of multilingual ads across print, radio and online media.
The water district provides an array of programs and rebates to help you take steps toward permanent conservation measures.
- Our Landscape Rebate Program can help you transform your thirsty turf into a beautiful water-wise landscape and make your irrigation equipment more efficient.
- Our FREE Water Wise Survey Program helps you evaluate how efficient your water use is both inside and outside the home with two components:
- A trained irrigation professional will evaluate your landscape irrigation system
- Order a Do-It-Yourself indoor survey kit complete with leak tests and a step-by-step guide to evaluating your own water use
- With the help of our Graywater Laundry-to-Landscape rebate, save money and water by reusing water every time you do a load of laundry.
Learn more about our rebate programs and eligibility requirements at www.watersavings.org.
Sign-up to receive our monthly newsletter for updates about our water supply, conservation tips and more!